Sat, Jun 12|
Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC)
The Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) course teaches EMS practitioners, law enforcement, fire, and other prehospital providers how to respond to and care for patients in a civilian tactical environment.
Time & Location
Jun 12, 2021, 8:00 AM CDT – Jun 13, 2021, 5:00 PM CDT
Con10gency Consulting, 17170 Jordan Rd #404, Selma, TX 78154, USA
About the Event
The Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) course teaches EMS practitioners, law enforcement, and other first responders how to effectively respond to and care for patients in a civilian tactical environment.
The course presents the three phases of tactical care and integrates parallel EMS nomenclature:
- Hot Zone/Direct Threat Care that is rendered while under attack or in adverse conditions.
- Warm Zone/Indirect Threat Care that is rendered while the threat has been suppressed but may resurface at any point.
- Cold Zone/Evacuation Care that is rendered while the casualty is being evacuated from the incident site.
The 16-hour classroom course includes all new patient simulations and covers the following topics:
- Hemorrhage control including immediate action drills for tourniquet application throughout the course;
- Complete coverage of the MARCH assessment;
- Surgical airway control and needle decompression;
- Strategies for treating wounded responders in threatening environments;
- Caring for pediatric patients;
- Techniques for dragging and carrying victims to safety; and
- A final, mass-casualty/active shooter event simulation.
For more information about TECC or to inquire about Con10gency providing this training to your agency, please contact us at email@example.com.